Working on the Wheel

I worked on the wheel for 2 weeks and in those 2 weeks I have progressed from what I knew. I’ve never worked on the wheel before but I had always watched people on the internet work on the wheel so I knew information before starting it. When I first started working I had a hard time making the pot thinner because you have to use pressure. I also was making the hole too deep to where I touched the bottom of the wheel. Then as the week progressed I got the hand of making it thinner but then I kept making the middle thin so then the top of the pot was heavy and collapsed. I had a problem of making the pot too wet so when I let go of the pot it would create texture (you can see in the pictures). All of my cups are the same height almost because I had a hard time with pulling the cups up while on the wheel. By the second week I was getting faster at throwing  but it was still uneven and I was pushing too deep when creating the whole I feel if i had another week I would’ve gotten it down.  I’ve learned that when throwing pots even wall thickness is key, not to press too deep when making the hole in the pot, and to have wooden scrapper next to you to help with wall thickness and smoothness. I would definitely work on the wheel again it was fun but messy and its a easy way to get cups but I would like to get better but that comes with time.