October 2nd Update

The craftsmanship of an artwork affects its meaning to the viewer by how it is made and if it’s made properly. For instances if the mug I am making has cracks all over it, it’s not very ideal to person whose actually using it for drinking purposes. I learned through the experience of soft slab tripod is that you have to work quickly when making it. Also since your bending the clay a lot you need to make sure that is very soft if not you need a lot of slip. The legs of the tripod also have be even or less it will be very wobbly and won’t balance. I was successful with legs not cracking as much and cooperating with me even though the legs were uneven but Miss A helped me fix that. I would make sure the legs are perfectly even and work with more softer clay.  I learned that with sgraffito you have to work fast because as your are doing the clay is also drying and start cracking. Also you can’t go back when you already made a deep mark so sketching it out is the best plan. I was successful in carving out negative and positive space. I would actually sketch my idea out first which is what I should have done but I don’t like sketching that why I didn’t do it. You have to keep up with your work and not play  around because you have to remember that this is clay and it will dry up fast.