Artists Plan and Solve Problems

The glaze that I plan on using is black and white glaze. I’m gonna paint the whole thing white and I have a skull detail on my pot and I’m gonna paint that black. My utilitarian is in the kiln being fired right now. I’ve glazed 2 projects so far and and both of them haven’t been success in glazing and covering the whole project. Both of them have red clay showing through the glaze. I plan on putting thick coats on and where I carved the skull I plan on paying attention to that mostly so i won’t have red clay showing. Also, putting thick coats with the white glaze. When I was working on my soft slab construction the walls were thinner than the piece at the bottom.I added a little bit of more clay to the wall to make it somewhat thicker. Then, I guess I didn’t cover my soft slab too well and it wasn’t as soft as I started it with and it got a crack in it and I had to fix the crack many times with slip and plastic clay. I’m still working on the soft slab construction and making it better.